Whether delivering sermons, Sunday School lessons, or some type of presentation, "8 Hours Or Less" is a great title for anyone needing insights for how to prepare a message. While targeted more for preachers, anyone can benefit from the book. Around 150 pages, the title addresses such topics as:
1. 3 things that a sermon is not.
2. 5 things that make a faithful sermon.
3. 6 steps for creating a simple and effective sermons frame.
4. Reasons why we don't let people help us prepare for a sermon.
5. Tools for effective introductions.
8. Tips for making effective introductions.
9. 3 ways to end a sermon on a bad note.
10. Suggestions for a good sermon close.
11. 4 features of explaining a biblical text.
12. 5 precautions for using illustrations in our message.
13. Spiritual warfare seems to be the greatest on Sunday morning.
The title smoothly transitions from topic to topic and is a very helpful read and will be a helpful future reference. Recommended. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review.